Battery Street Taxidermy
Preserving game for generations
Professional Taxidermist Services Since 1982.
Sportsman's tips for preparing your game for
The way you treat
your specimen will influence the finished product.
1. Do not gut or cut the fish.
2. Wrap the fish in plastic film and or a wet towel.
3. Place wrapped fish and plastic bag and close tightly.
4. Freeze solid as soon as possible.
( Cape behind the shoulder!)
* Do not cut any hairs
* Never slit the throat.
hide in a circle around the animal's mid-section.
2. Cut a circle around the front legs- 1 inch above the knee.
3. Slit hide up The Back side of each front leg and thus
connect circle cuts # and #2 . Follow the hair line.
4. Roll hide up neck in a sock while skinning.
5. Cut off head behind the ears so as to separate
the meat from the head and cape.
Keep the hide cool and clean and dry or freeze.
Scott Owner Battery Street Taxidermy
Graduate of The
American Institute of Taxidermy
Home Photos Contact Us
Links Reel Repair